Year Of Estabishment
Robert Gordon University, UK
Situated in Aberdeen in Scotland, the university has been shortlisted for Sunday Times University 2012 and in 2017, Guardian University Guide ranked it to be the best in Scotland. This is public university that provides adult education and subjects related to technical field are also being taught. In 2013, it was considered to be the best modern university in UK by Times Good University Guide.
Degree for BA and PhD is also awarded by the University and is divided into 11 schools along with various departments through which education is imparted. All the departments and the schools are situated in the Garthdee Campus which is the main in the university.
Garthdee campus is the main in the university where every department is situated and also has a building in SchoolHill through which is also administers its work. Through the Garthdee campus the teaching and research activities are carried out. Situated in Parkland, this campus is known for the modern architecture facilities. In the recent years, there are many development and investments which this campus is invested with.
Buildings in the campus include the following ones:
· Aberdeen business school
· Sir Ian Wood Building
· Faculty of Health and Social Care building
· International College building
· Garthdee House
· Gray’s School Art Building
· RGU Sport Building
In in the year 2012, Sunday Times awarded RGU as Best Modern University in UK and this title was won previously by other prestigious institution. There are 11 schools for carrying out the academic activities and there are various departments under each, all the academic schools are situated in the Garthdee Campus.
The following schools and departments are there in RGU which are as follows:
· The Scott Sutherland School of Architecture & Built Environment
· The Law School
· School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences
· School of Nursing and Midwifery
· School of Health Sciences
· School of Engineering
· School of Creative and Cultural Business
· School of Computing Science and Digital Media
· School of Applied Social Studies
· Gray’s School of Art
· Aberdeen Business School
For the year 2016-17, QS Ranking has ranked RGU among top 100 universities in UK which is 65th. World ranking as per QS is above 700 on a global level owing to the teaching and techniques used solely rely on research and concerned projects. In the year 2014, HESA or Higher Education Statistics Agency stated that more than 90% of the students are employed in their concerned area of work within six months of graduating.
Consistently for two years, RGU was rated to be the best one in terms of employment and studies and students were employed within a year of their graduating.
The following courses are being offered by the university which is as follows:
· Health Professions
· Allied health professions
· Applied arts and design
· Business administration
· Computing science
· Fine art
· Life sciences
· Social sciences
· Social work
Relevant industrial knowledge is being provided to the students and along with that practical experience is also given so that it becomes easier to work after the course completion. Provisions for the online courses are also being provided so that students living at faraway places can also acquire the degree from the university.
The facilities provided to the students include the student union and the representation of the students which are being given to them. Garthdee campus provides most of the services and facilities which include the gyms and the pools along with the sport clubs. Many services are being provided on the discounted basis both for the students as well as the staff.
There are majority of the sport clubs in the university annual Aberdeen Boat Race is carried out in each spring season by the Robert Gordon University Boat Club. Student helpline and the student media program are also being carried out by the university administration to ensure that everything runs in a smooth way.
Staying facilities for the students are of standard level as the private hall of residences are situated in Aberdeen and are being handled by the highly standardized companies. The accommodation facilities for the students are being provided by the services departments of the university and there are more than 1400 beds available for the students.
The halls of residence of Robert Gordon University are as follows:
· Woolmanhill Flats
· Square Tower
· Round Tower
· Crathie Student Village
Out of all the above halls, the Woolmanhill Flats situated in the St. Andrew Street are the largest ones.
The following people have created a niche for them in their concerned area of work:
· Alan Johnston, Kate Adie, Martin Bell, the much-famed journalists
· Barbara Dickson, known for being the singing sensation
· Baron Kinnock, Gordon Brown, Lord Alderdice, Lord Trimble, Martin Bell, famous politicians
· Baroness Helena Kennedy, known for being the highly acclaimed Barrister
· Ben de Lisi, the well-known designer
· Callum Innes, nominated for Turner Prize
· Eilidh Middleton, famous equestrian
· Hannah Miley, Olympian swimmer
· Lord Norman Foster, the eminent architect
· Maxwell Hutchinson, the famous architect and broadcaster
· Ola Gorie, jewellery designer
· Pamela Stephenson-Connolly, famous clinical psychologist
· Paul Lawrie, Golfer
· Sir Alex Ferguson, Football Manager
The following programs for scholarships are available in RGU:
· Zenith Oilfield Technology scholarship
· Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship
· Universal Pegasus Scholarship
· Total Computing Scholarship
· The Crerar Hotels Access Scholarship
· The CDA Scholarship
· Technip Surveying Scholarship
· Subsea UK Scholarship
· Sparrows Offshore Scholarship
Full Time (4 years)
Full Time (4 years)
Digital Media (Design, Production and Development) BSc (Hons)
Management with Human Resources Management BA (Hons)
Bachelors | Full Time (4 years)
Bachelors | Full Time (4 years)