Year Of Estabishment
University of Cincinnati
The University of Cincinnati is a public school. It offers programs in business, law and engineering. The university has one of the highest ranked master’s programs in fine arts and health.
It is located in Ohio. The uptown part of the campus has the UC academic Health center and the major labs for research. This center offers bachelor’s degree in nursing and is also famous because this is where the polio vaccine was attenuated in early 1960’s.
According to Forbes magazine, UC is amongst the world’s most beautiful campuses. It is the oldest institution of higher education in Cincinnati and also the largest with an enrollment of over 44000.
Its campus has several buildings spanning over its vast area and expanses of open spaces to ensure that the natural landscape doesn’t get hidden by the concreteness of educational blocks.
The University of Cincinnati currently offers over 350 programs of study which include over 80 Associate, over 100 Baccalaureate and Master's degrees. Additionally, it also has Doctoral and First Professional (MD, JD, PharmD) degrees. The University maintains high standards of education throughout all these courses and programs which have allowed it to receive numerous awards and recognitions throughout the world.
Programs – Departments and courses
Graduate and Undergraduate program in the following stream of study are available:
· Behavioural & social science
· Construction & building trade
· Computers & technology
· Culture & language
· Performing Arts & Music
· Social service
· Politic. Law
The University Honors Program comprises the top 7% of University of Cincinnati undergraduate students. It provides varying degrees of exposure in different fields to its students. Topics included are:
The university of Cincinnati has a lot of colleges working under its aegis through which it offers the above courses and programs. A few of them are as follows:
· College of Allied Health Sciences (CAHS)
· Carl H. Lindner College of Business (LCB)
· McMicken College of Arts and Sciences
· College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning (DAAP)
· The Graduate School, a collaborative unit of all the university's colleges responsible for providing centralised administrative services for all postgraduate programs.
· College of Education, Criminal Justice, and Human Services (CECH)
· College of Law
· College of Nursing
· College of Medicine
· Blue Ash College (UCBA)
· James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy
The Ohio Centers of Excellence were designed to recognise the extensive research at universities in Ohio. This encouraged the development of new technologies and techniques in a wide array of fields.
The College-Conservatory of Music was honoured for its excellence in Cultural & Societal Transformation. This is the only arts program in Ohio to be awarded such an honour.
Some of the divisions of UC’s centers of excellence in Research are:
· Advanced Energy
· Biomedicine and Health Care: Transforming Health Care in the 21st Century
· Advanced Transportation and Aerospace
· Cultural & Societal Transformation
· Enabling Technologies
· Cultural & Societal Transformation
The University of Cincinnati has numerous libraries, which are spread across all of its facilities. This also includes the Digital Projects Department. The university library system is vast with the number of volumes exceeding 4 million and the number of periodicals exceeding 70 thousand. They also have a number of athletic facilities like Armoury field house, fifth third arena, Trabert-Trabert tennis court and many others.
The Center for First-Year Experience here is another important building. It provides leadership for each student's first-year experience and related academic program. The center provides resources for all the colleges of the University. This collaboration between UC colleges, academic programs, and student groups allow freshman to continue the transition from high school to college smoothly.
Their athletic team and greatest pride are Bearcats which has won 6 national championships and 77 conference championships over 10 sports.
List of games played by the Bearcats include:
Scholarships & aids
Some of the aids are awarded on first come first serve basis. Free application for federal student aid is one of them. Student employment and summer aids are also available in addition to this.
Scholarships offered are:
· Cincinnatus Scholarship Program
· Cincinnatus Excellence Scholarship for National Merit & Hispanic Scholars Finalists
· Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
· UC Community College Transfer Scholarship
· Cincinnati Pathways Scholarship
· Darwin T. Turner Scholarship
· UC National Outreach Award
· College Scholarship
· Christos P. Demakes Legacy Scholarship
· Graduate Incentive Award (GIA)
· Graduate Assistant Scholarship (GAS)
On house, accommodation is available for students. This enables access to the campus facilities and provides a learning environment for the students. Halls available for accommodation are listed as follows:
· Calhoun hall
· Daniels hall
· Dabney hall
· Morgens hall
· Stratford heights
· University park apartments
· Schneider halls
· Campus park apartments
· David Applebaum - Israeli physician