Study Communications in Australia
Communication is the widest course that has a lot of things to offer you, no matter what industry or sector you choose. This is the only type of course that offers you a broad range of career opportunities in every field of study. Mass Media and Study Communications is responsible to deliver messages through media technologies to a large audience via mass communication.
Some skills need in the Study Communications field – Strong analytical and research skills; to build a media network; one should be a great speaker as well as a listener and should possess strong interviewing skills. These skills are needed in every sector and to enhance your skills Australian Universities provide you with the best opportunities in making your career. With a strong presence in reputable international university rankings, Australia is an increasingly popular study destination for international students.
Media technologies include – films, radio, recorded music, or television; Digital media includes- Internet (e-mail, social media, websites, and internet bases radio and TV) and mobile mass communication. Outdoor media communicate via such media as AR advertising, billboards, blimps, flying billboards, placards, or kiosks placed inside and outside buses, commercial buildings, shops, sports stadiums, subway cars, or trains; signs; or skywriting. Print media includes- books, comics, magazines, newspapers, or pamphlets.
Below is a tour of those essential items that tell you why one should apply to the Media and Study Communications course in Australia!
Why Australia is an apt country?
Australia is a modern and metropolitan country with diversity in its culture. It is the largest country in Oceania with its capital set as Canberra, though its largest city is Sydney. The country’s other major metropolitan areas are Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide. Outside these areas, there are lots of small beach towns where you can appreciate Australia’s beautiful coastline.
Australia has some great exploring spots starting from the Australian Alps which is snowier than the Swiss Alps, which is a mecca for skiing enthusiasts. Tasmania Island, which is known as a walker’s paradise with air as clean as Antarctica, is a great outdoor for tourists. The Great Barrier Reef is the largest ecosystem in the world which is even visible from the space is situated in Australia. And of course, the largest sand island in the world- Fraser Island, with white sandy shores surrounded by clean blue water.
Australia has no official language but the English language has been considered as the “de facto” national language, which attracts more and more international students to study here. Many students prefer to study here as they get cultural diversity, friendly natives, and high quality of education and moreover there are no language barriers as it is an English speaking country. With the quality of life, sunshine, and months spent in beach weather, it’s easy to see why Australia remains a favored destination in the world.
Why Media and Study Communications in Australia?
Media and Study Communications course in the Australian Universities offers you a wide range of courses starting from scratch. Australian Universities polish you and teach you to communicate messages via different forms. The main motto of the University believes in “Converting ambition into real life”. Few branches taught in Australian universities- Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations, Film and Television, Digital Media.
There are some reasons why you should consider to study in the Australian Universities:
1. Australia has one of the strongest media industries in the world and soon, these industries will be recognized globally as the industry giants. Australian Universities are linked to some major multinational companies as well as startups and NGOs (Non-governmental organizations), which will help you to increase your global network and gain experience with these leading firms. Also, Australia is home to some popular and known international media companies – The Guardian Australia, News Corp Australia, and the Spectator.
2. The education system of Australia is really strong and most appealing in the world. Some of the Universities of Australia are ranked in the Top 100 Universities in World. 799,371 international students each year enroll in Australian courses. In comparison to other English-speaking countries, the cost of tuition fees is low and also one gets tons of scholarships and the living expenses are affordable.
3. There is no gender discrimination in the Australian Industry, where job roles are balanced among women and men purely based on their talent. According to the 2019 Media Federation of Australia (MFA) census reveals that females are now paid more than their male counterparts in Australian media agencies.
4. You can even work while studying with your student visa for up to 20 hours per week and can gain some extra bucks to support you financially. Also, this will help one to build a hid media network and gain some extra-experience in working.
5. Australian universities will teach you by combining lectures, seminars, screenings, various practical activities and assessments, and one-to-one supervision, to provide our students with a broad understanding of today’s media world. At the initial level, you’ll be taught more theoretical and introductory, but afterward, you’ll move on to choose a field of specialization.
Benefits of Study Communications Course in Australia
1. The Australian Government imposed strict rules and regulations in order to protect the interests of students coming from overseas. TEQSA -Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency for higher education and ASQA – Australian Skills Quality Authority for Vocational Education and Training are the two organizations that regulate institutions in Australia. They look forward to providing you with the best qualifications, high study experience, and an ideal business learning environment and improve your career prospects.
2. In order to improve Study Communications skills and language skills give it a shot at Australian Universities. If you want a successful career in the media industry, then these universities will help you to gain fluency in the English language, as it is a global media language.
3. Some Australian Universities also provide you with various internship opportunities in their chosen field, as they have good contacts with various media industries.
4. You can even stay back in Australia after your degree is completed. It offers a Temporary Graduate Visa that allows them to stay back and continues to work. You can even apply to PR (Permanent Residency) if one wants to set up his own media business.
5. The Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector also offers practical courses in areas such as communication, to prepare students to work as artisans or an employee in any organization.
6. Australian Universities don’t only give you a degree in the Study Communications field, but also Communication skills are needed in all other fields as well. Take with Business or management, Architecture, Designing, Engineering, Psychology, or Human Resource one needs communication in every field of study.
7. Some popular careers in the communication field – News Anchor, Journalist, Translator, Film Director, and Sound Engineer.
Interesting Information about the Australian Universities
The Australian University System is made up of 43 Universities: 40 Australian universities, two international universities, and one private specialty university. Along with our universities, many other institutions offer higher education courses. These universities are fully funded by the Commonwealth Government. Australian Institution is divided into two categories- Vocational Schools and Universities.
Australian Vocational Schools are known as TAFE: Technical and Further Education which is fully funded by governments or the territory in which they live. These provide you with – Certificate I, II, III, IV as well as Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas in various fields of study, and also in some areas they even provide a Bachelor’s degree.
Australian Universities total comprises of 41 universities; of those, 37 are public and therefore funded by the Commonwealth Government. The public universities have their own centralized process while taking admissions of the local students, but international students are often selected by the universities themselves. International students have to pay full tuition fees unless they receive support from any scholarships by their home or by any third-party provider.
The process to get Admission in the Study Communications In Australian University
The admission process is simple and quite the same for all courses.
1. The first process is to do research work about Australian Universities and its courses. Universities’ online sites can easily give you information about their courses and costs. Generally, the sessions start in February and July. Ideally, it is recommended to start researching for universities at least from April-May of the previous year as the whole process will take 10-12 months.
2. Find out the top Study Communications Universities in Australia – Curtin University, University of Queensland, TAFE International Western Australia, University of Technology Sydney, Griffith University, University of Melbourne, University of South Australia, University of Wollongong, University of Newcastle, Macquarie University.
3. There are a total of 428 courses in Communication Studies are offered by 78 institutions in Australia. But we will look out for the most appropriate and demanding course in Australia. Some of the popular specializations are – Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations, Film and Television, Digital Media.
4. You need to provide details of your education including your course subjects and grades in the application. All the transcripts and other relevant documents are not in English, they must be translated into English.
5. One of the most important factors is the costs of the program. Always compare the cost of studying in different universities and go for the one that is reasonable for you. The tuition fees for Study Communications programs at Australian University is around INR 11 Lakhs. Other factors that contribute to the cost like course fee, accommodation, travel expense, and research for the project work
6. Once the university and course are shortlisted then watch for the deadlines of the universities so that he/she can prepare an application package accordingly. Generally, the application period is between September and November, but it also depends upon the university.
7. Students need to secure a good IELTS score for getting an Australian visa. Students from non-English speaking countries need to showcase their English language efficiency to secure admission to a university.
8. Application packages consist of – Personal Statements, a Resume, a Letter of Recommendation, and a general interview with shortlisted students who applied for a management course.
Eligibility to Apply
To apply for a Study Communications Course in Australia, you need to provide copies of relevant qualifications and academics achievement translated into the English language. You need to submit all your documents of your high school (applying for graduation) and pre-university qualification (applying for post-graduation). If English is not your first language, then you need to provide your most recent IELTS and TOEFL score, to tests your English proficiency. Students should actively participate in lectures and other activities as they’ll be marked on the basis of their participation.
The fee for the Student Visa currently stands at INR 30,000. The cheapest option for a standard undergraduate student for the duration of three years, starting in March and finishing in December with no accompanying family will cost around INR 1 Lakh. Some steps to apply for a student visa form –
1. Before applying for a student visa you need to get admission to any Australian University. After you pay your tuition fees you’ll receive a CoE, Confirmation of Enrolment. These are necessary documents, to begin with, your visa applications.
2. Create an online account with Australian immigration authorities and fill out the necessary information.
3. Make sure that you submit all the required documents in digital format and fill out the Visa application form.
4. When you have filled the application online form then also pay the required visa fee and get the TRN (Transaction Reference Number).
5. Once you submit the fees and form you’ll be called for an interview and health checkup.
6. After you received your visa, you can travel to Australia at the earliest 90 days before the course gets started.
Around 481 Journalism and Mass Communication Scholarships, Fellowships, and grants are offered to International Students to study in Australia. Some of them are –
1. Macquarie University Research Excellence Scholarships
2. The Padma And Hari Harilela Scholarships
3. HKADC Overseas Arts Administration Scholarships
4. National Arts Council Arts Scholarships in Singapore, 2020
5. University of Sydney – Faculty of Science Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Australia, 2019
6. Chancellor’s Research Scholarship (CRS)
7. The University of Technology Sydney – UTS President’s Scholarships in Australia, 2020
8. UNSW International Research Candidate Scholarships In Australia
9. NWO Rubicon Scholarship, 2018
10. MOE-AU Scholarship For Singaporean Students, 2017
Services and Benefits of Meet University
1. Meetuniversity.com is the passion and technology-driven platform for Study Abroad Counseling, University/Course Search, Scholarships updates, and Application Process. It’s all online – time and cost-effective.
2. We provide you a FREE Counseling session (Telephonic/In-person) to help students to connect directly with a list of top universities in Australia, USA, UK, Canada, Singapore, and Dubai. It offers fair, independent, unbiased advice to make your college selection process.
3. They help you to get admitted to not just a foreign university, but at your dream university too. They offer personalized mentoring and customized admission assistance according to your needs, including premium services.
4. They help you apply to the chosen college and take the responsibility of doing all the hard work of tracking the applications by staying in touch with the institution, on your behalf.
5. They help us in: 1. Search from their extensive course and university listings that suit you best.
2. Discover specific courses and universities according to your filters that suit your needs.
3. Narrow down your choices and apply them to the process by simply uploading your documents.
6. Get experienced assistance throughout your application process which includes study abroad language programs like IELTS and TOEFL and aptitude exams like GRE and GMAT.
7. Have everything from your Application forms to Statement of Purpose, Loan Application to Accommodation, and Visa took care of.
8. They help us to browse courses from different disciplines including from business to agriculture to communication- one covers all with its best university and course.
9. For further enquiries kindly go to our website -https://www.meetuniversity.com/. Go to expert’s site for admission and visa related queries https://www.meetuniversity.com/expert-list. For detailed information https://www.meetuniversity.com/video/.