Get here complete details about CAT 2015 Exam Syllabus, CAT 2015 Exam Pattern, CAT 2015 Exam Schedule.
CAT (Common admission Test), conducted by the Indian Institute of Management, is the most competitive examination for those interested in an MBA. It provides students a great opportunity to get admission into the IIMs and other eminent B-schools in India such as SP Jain, TA Pai, MICA, etc.
The registrations had commenced from Aug 6, 2015. The last date of submitting registration forms for CAT-2015 is Sep 20, 2015. The 180 minutes of exam alluring over 2 Lac aspirants will be held on Nov 29, 2015. However, there are changes in the pattern of exam every year.
CAT 2015 Exam Syllabus ans Pattern:-
The CAT 2015 Exam Pattern is as follow-
- For MCQs, the applicants will be awarded +3 for every correct answer while-1 will be deducted for each wrong answer. However, there is no negative marking in case of non MCQs.
- The new CAT-2015 will judge students on three sections i.e. Quantitative Ability (34 questions), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (32 questions) and Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (34 questions).
- It is a digital or computer based test taken in a pre-specified order which remains unchanged for all candidates i.e. the students won’t be allowed to switch sections while answering one of them
- On-screen calculators will be provided to the applicants this year.
For any queries regarding the new CAT exam pattern 2015, the students may refer to the exam tutorial to be instigated on October 15, 2015.
CAT 2015 Exam Syllabus:-
The CAT exam does not predefine the exact syllabus upon which questions may occur. The following is a clue of the sections and the type of targeted questions:-
- The Quantitative Aptitude section comprises of a basic 10+2 fundamental mathematics. Problems from various topics like Arithmetic, Geometry, Algebra and Commercial Mathematics (Word Problems) are found to appear.
- The Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning section comprise of data related questions which might be in the form of graphs, tables, charts and paragraphs. While Data Interpretation test the candidate’s understanding of the data and the ability to solve problems precisely while Logical Reasoning examines the candidate’s ability to evaluate and ratiocinate problems.
- The Verbal Ability section targets questions based on comprehension and usage of standard English grammar. Verbal Logic questions, analyzes the candidate’s knowledge of arranging paragraphs in a logical order, completing the paragraphs in an appropriate way and determining the type of statements.
The candidates are first shortlisted by the IIMs and other participating B-schools on the basis of CAT Cut Off scores, followed by Personal Interview and Written Ability Test (WAT) or Group Discussion. Nevertheless, there are some eligibility criteria which must be followed in order to appear for the CAT which are as:
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA while for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Differently Abled categories, 45% are required. The degree is bound to be awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956.
- The Candidate may possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Earning an MBA degree that too from IIMs or any other reputed management institutes in India is a golden permit to the international business world. This entails a lot of effort since, CAT is one of the most sought out examination in India. Taking up mock tests of exams quite similar to those of CAT like MAT, XAT, SNAP and CMAT will help the MBA aspirants looking after CAT-2015 to comprehend the new exam pattern and type of questions. Nevertheless, the students should follow the official site for CAT, i.e. www. iimcat.ac.in for new changes, information and useful tutorials.