There are only 3
. These are:
- University of Windsor
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- University of Ottawa
Details from each of these Universities are given below:
The University of Windsor
Program link: http://www.uwindsor.ca/engineering/mem
The Faculty of Masters in Engineering Management in partnership with the Odette School of Business at Windsor offers a 2-year program allowing professionals to earn their degree without interrupting their careers as it is offered over the weekends. Planning, executing technology, commercialization, and go-to-market strategies are integral parts of the coursework. These modules are prepared for the purpose of fostering an entrepreneurial spirit among the program graduates. The sole aim of the program is to prepare engineers for management roles. Alumni have secured leadership roles in multinational Masters in Engineering Management and technical enterprises. They have contributed significantly towards manufacturing strategies, corporate innovation, and operations management.
The deadline for international student applications for the 2018 fall intake was January 31, 2018. Currently, there are no winter or summer intakes for the program.
- An undergraduate degree in Masters in Engineering Management or related disciplines.
- A minimum GPA that is equivalent to the North American Grade B. Students with comprehensive work experience may be admitted with lower GPAs on a probationary basis.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in an engineering-related field.
- Non-native English speakers must demonstrate English proficiency with IELTS (Band 7.0) or iBT TOEFL (100) scores.
- Aspirants are also expected to complete an online application form.
- Applicants should also prepare a statement of interest (maximum 500 words essay) explaining how they think the Masters in Engineering Management program can help them achieve their career and professional goals, and their reasons for choosing the University of Windsor.
- Two confidential reference letters (from the most recent employer).
- An updated copy of the resume.
- Unofficial transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions/Universities.
- Unofficial English proficiency test scores.
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
The Masters in Engineering Management Program is spread over 24 months. The Program allows students to decipher topics as wide as planning, allocation of resources, and control wherein technological component is a major part. Students will also learn to apply the principles of Masters in Engineering Management in organizing and directing technical projects and to manage the people within them. Further, the program provides courses in the areas of engineering project management, production planning, operations management, energy systems management, mathematical modeling and optimization, quality control, safety, and applied risk analysis.
There are 2 intakes in the months of September and January.
- Applicants should hold a four-year-long honors undergraduate engineering degree in a relevant field from an accredited Masters in Engineering Management program at a Canadian university, or its equivalent from other recognized institutions.
- A minimum academic Grade ‘B’ (equivalent GPA: 3.0 on a 4.3 scale or 73% to 76%) over the last two years of full-time study or of undergraduate work.
University of Ottawa
The Program at Ottawa offers a Degree and a Graduate Diploma in Masters in Engineering Management. It is spearheaded by a committee composed of representatives from the Telfer School of Management and from the Faculty of Engineering.
The intake is usually in the fall with a deadline of 31st Jan each year.
- Applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree with a specialization or a major in engineering or in science (or equivalent) with a minimum average of 70% (B).
- Note: International candidates must check the admission equivalencies for the diploma that they have received in their country of origin.
- International applicants should also have a Band of 6.5 on IELTS or a TOEFL score of 80.
Comparison with India
A comparison with our country shows that in order to enroll successfully into a Masters in Engineering Management program requires an applicant to have an undergraduate degree for 3 years, a postgraduate diploma, or even another master’s degree. If the minimum required grade is 40% then candidates are expected to have at least 50% and if it is 60% then candidates are expected to have a minimum of 50%.