MBA Distance Learning in UK- Online courses and the distance learning mode offer students the flexibility of studying from anywhere and at any time over the Internet. Further, MBA is designed for professionals looking for advanced business, management and leadership skills required to formalize their existing experience to progress into a more senior role. Many of the programs of MBA distance learning in UK are internationally accepted. Teaching modules are delivered through online learning systems. Students are often involved in online group discussions and group learning activities. Other than that, part-time MBA programs can be pursued on an online basis (the distance education mode). Then there are blended or hybrid programs that emphasize a combination of residential periods and online study mode.
Why MBA Distance Learning?
MBA is one of the most costly courses in higher education, and a cost-effective way to add this sought-after qualification is to study through correspondence. That way one has a regular salary coming in and job security after graduation, but it’s not an option for many due to the demands of work, study and family. The other advantage is that the students can apply their learning from the classrooms to their current professional roles and then bank upon this practical application for reflection in their next class. Candidates are advised to weigh the pros and cons before applying to such programs.
Top UK institutions that offer MBA Distance Learning and Masters in related disciplines:
- University of Liverpool in partnership with Laureate Online Education: The University is one of the top eLearning institutions according to Financial Times.
- School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS): The college is affiliated to the University of London
- Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge Campus
- University of Suffolk, Ipswich
- Ashridge Business School: It has received triple accreditation from Association of MBAs (AMBA), EQUIS and AACSB – the UK, European and American accreditation bodies.
- University of Northampton
- Case Business School
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Institute of Education, University of London
There are two types of entry requirements: Academic and Open entry routes. Aspiring students are expected to have an undergraduate degree from an approved institution and two-three years of work experience. Candidates who do not meet the minimum academic standards may still be eligible to enroll through the Open entry route for which they need to have more work experience. International students must also provide satisfactory evidence that they have an adequate knowledge of written and spoken English (e.g. 6.5 on IELTS).
Specialist MBAs for MBA distance learning programs (the list is not comprehensive):
- MBA (Leadership)
- MBA (International Tourism Management)
- MBA (Finance and Banking)
- MBA (Marketing)
- MBA (Information Management)
- MBA (Arts Management)
- Oil and Gas Management
It should be borne in mind that an online MBA graduate earns, approximately 5% less than a full-time graduate in the same qualification. Nevertheless, here’s a table for average yearly salaries in the UK and their corresponding roles:
|£53,466 GBP – £97,563
|Director of Operations
|£52,980 GBP – £90,545
|£48,796 GBP – £65,047
|£46,452 GBP – £77,419
|£41,824 GBP – £60,767
|£37,000 GBP – £60,984
|Business Development Manager
|£31,107 GBP – £51,395