Business and Management in Australia
If you have a keen interest in knowing – How does a business work, want to improve your managerial skills, learn more about different sectors such as finance, markets, customers operations, health, communication, information technology, and business policy and strategy, then you are interested in pursuing Business and Management course. And the Australian Universities are an appropriate choice to study abroad in this field. These universities are world-renowned and provide you in-depth knowledge and experiences to make your place in the market.
Australian universities will give you an understanding of the working behavior of an organization; develop analytical and critical thinking; a creative approach to problem-solving and decision making; qualities such as self-reliance, ability to manage time, and of course enhance your communication skills.
If you want to work for a multinational corporation, setting up your own business, or meeting new people with different cultures and backgrounds, then there’s nothing better than choosing a business qualification in Australia. These universities work on your leadership, ethics, global perspectives, and independent thinking.
Why Australia is an apt country?
Australia is a modern and metropolitan country with diversity in its culture. It is the largest country in Oceania with its capital set as Canberra, though its largest city is Sydney. The country’s other major metropolitan cities are Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide. Outside these areas, there are lots of small beach towns where you can appreciate Australia’s beautiful coastline.
Australia has some great exploring spots starting from the Australian Alps which is snowier than the Swiss Alps, is a mecca for skiing enthusiasts. Tasmania Island, which is known as a walker’s paradise with air as clean as Antarctica, is a great outdoor for tourists. The Great Barrier Reef is the largest ecosystem in the world which is even visible from the space is situated in Australia. And of course, the largest sand island in the world- Fraser Island, with white sandy shores surrounded by clean blue water.
Australia has no official language but the English language has been considered as the “de facto” national language, which attracts more and more international students to study here. Many students prefer to study here as they get cultural diversity, friendly natives, and high quality of education and moreover there are no language barriers as it is an English speaking country. With the quality of life, sunshine, and months spent in beach weather, it’s easy to see why Australia remains a favored destination in the world.
Why Business and Management in Australia?
Business and Management are very popular course in Australia which gives you 12 most popular demanded subjects which do have a value in both at Bachelors and Masters Level – Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Health Administration, Human Resource Management, International Business, Logistics, and Supply Chains, Management, Marketing and Project Management. The Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector also offers practical courses in areas such as business, bookkeeping, and accounting to prepare students which act as a pathway into university.
The main reason to study at Australian Universities is that they are in great demand and renowned for their high-quality education and qualification. These are even listed in World’s Top 100 Universities which will increase your job and employment opportunities. 799,371 international students each year enroll in Australian courses. In comparison to other English-speaking countries, the cost of tuition fees is low and also one gets tons of scholarships and the living expenses are affordable.
Australian Universities are linked to some major multinational companies as well as startups and NGOs (Non-governmental organizations), which will help you to increase your global network and gain experience with these leading firms. Australian educational institutions also provide graduate training schemes that enable you to experience different areas of business such as human resources, advertising, accounting, and sales.
Benefits of Studying Business and Management in Australia
1. The Australian Government imposed strict rules and regulations in order to protect the interests of students coming from overseas. TEQSA -Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency for higher education and ASQA – Australian Skills Quality Authority for Vocational Education and Training are the two organizations that regulate institutions in Australia. They look forward to providing you with the best qualifications, high study experience, and an ideal business learning environment and improve your career prospects.
2. In order to improve your communication skills and language skills give it a shot at Australian Universities. If you want a successful business career, then these universities will help you to gain fluency in the English language, as it is the global business language.
3. Australian degrees are recognized globally and you’ll get a better chance of getting job opportunities. Whether you wish to work in a multinational company, a start-up or want to start your own organization, obtaining a business and management degree from Australia will help you out in getting these.
4. You can also get various migration opportunities, you choose between overseas or staying back in Australia. If you possess some quality of being a business analyst can even try for PR (Permanent Residency) in Australia.
5. The Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector also offers practical courses in areas such as business, bookkeeping, and accounting to prepare students to work as a technician or an employee in any organization.
6. These universities also provide you with work experience as they have a tie-up with some industry. They will also take you on an international study tour where you get to see how overseas businesses operate, one can do an internship in a major Australian company to develop business contacts or complete a business project where you work with your friends.
Interesting Information about the Australian University
The Australian University System is made up of 43 Universities: 40 Australian universities, two international universities, and one private specialty university. Along with universities, many other institutions also offer higher education courses. These universities are fully funded by the Commonwealth Government. Australian Institution is divided into two categories- Vocational Schools and Universities.
Australian Vocational Schools are known as TAFE: Technical and Further Education which is fully funded by governments or the territory in which they live. These provide you with – Certificate I, II, III, IV as well as Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas in various fields of study, and also in some areas they even provide a Bachelor’s degree.
Australian Universities total comprises of 41 universities; of those, 37 are public and therefore funded by the Commonwealth Government. The public universities have their own centralized process while taking admissions of the local students, but international students are often selected by the universities themselves. International students have to pay full tuition fees unless they receive support from any scholarships by their home or by any third-party provider.
The process to get Admission in the Business and Management in Australia
The admission process is simple for applying Business and Management in Australia –
1. The first process is to do research work about Australian Universities and their courses. Universities’ online sites can easily give you information about their courses and costs. Generally, the sessions start in February and July. Ideally, it is recommended to start researching for universities at least from April-May of the previous year as the whole process will take 10-12 months.
2. Find out the top Business Universities in Australia – Melbourne Business School, The University of Melbourne, AGSM MBA, University of New South Wales, College of Business and Economics, Australian National University ANU, La Trobe Business School, La Trobe University, Monash Business School, Monash University, UQ Business School, University of Queensland.
3. There are various courses in Business and Management, but look out for the most appropriate and demanding course in Australia. Some of the popular specializations- Accounting, Accounting and Finance, Information Technology, International Business, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Banking, Finance.
4. You need to provide details of your education including your course subjects and grades in the application. All the transcripts and other relevant documents are not in English, they must be translated into English.
5. One of the most important factors is the costs of the program. Always compare the cost of studying in different universities and go for the one that is reasonable for you. The lowest cost of studying an MBA program goes from INR 42 Lakhs to INR72 Lakhs. Other factors that contribute to the cost like course fee, accommodation, travel expense, and research for the project work
6. Once the university and course are shortlisted then watch for the deadlines of the universities so that he/she can prepare an application package accordingly. Generally, the application period is between September and November, but it also depends upon the university.
7. Another important element is to get work experience of a minimum of 2-5 years especially while getting admission into Management courses. Besides it, many business schools also ask for GMAT scores for admission, but it is given a low weightage comparison to work-experience.
8. Students need to secure a good IELTS score for getting an Australian visa. Students from non-English speaking countries need to showcase their English language efficiency to secure admission in a university.
9. Application packages consist of – Personal Statements, a Resume, a Letter of Recommendation and a general interview with shortlisted students who applied for a management course.
Eligibility to Apply
To pursue MBA in Australia one needs a three-year Bachelor’s degree However, most business schools also demand work experience, GMAT score, and IELTS and TOEFL score to check your English proficiency. The majority of Bachelor’s Degree requires 3 years of completion and you can also opt for the fourth year which will be known as “Honours”. Students should actively participate in lectures and other activities as they’ll be marked on the basis of their participation.
The fee for the Student Visa currently stands at INR 30,000. The cheapest option for a standard undergraduate student for the duration of three years, starting in March and finishing in December with no accompanying family will cost around INR 1 Lakh. Some steps to apply for a student visa form –
1. Before applying for a student visa you need to get admission to any Australian University. After you pay your tuition fees you’ll receive a CoE, Confirmation of Enrolment. These are necessary documents, to begin with, your visa applications.
2. Create an online account with Australian immigration authorities and fill out the necessary information.
3. Make sure that you submit all the required documents in digital format and fill out the Visa application form.
4. When you have filled the application online form then also pay the required visa fee and get the TRN (Transaction Reference Number).
5. Once you submit the fees and form you’ll be called for an interview and health checkup.
6. After you received your visa, you can travel to Australia at the earliest 90 days before the course gets started.
The Australian Universities provide scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian government, available to Australian nationals and citizens from other eligible countries- the Americas, the Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, the Pacific area, and Asia. The Australian government, corporations, universities, and some private organizations provide financial assistance to international students on the merit-based, need-based, and student-specific or course-specific.
Government-funded Australian scholarships for international students –
Australia Award Scholarships (AAS)
Destination Australia awards
Research Training Program (RTP)
University-specific Australian scholarships for international students –
QUT Triple Crown Scholarship – Queensland University of Technology
La Trobe MBA Scholarship – Scholarship value: 10000- La Trobe University
Master of Management Scholarship value: $5,000
Two years Master’s by coursework Scholarship- Scholarship value: $5,000
Services and Benefits of Meet University
1. Meetuniversity.com is the passion and technology-driven platform for Study Abroad Counseling, University/Course Search, Scholarships updates, and Application Process. It’s all online – time and cost-effective.
2. We provide you a FREE Counseling session (Telephonic/In-person) to help students to connect directly with a list of top universities in Australia, the USA, the UK, Canada, Singapore, and Dubai. It offers fair, independent, unbiased advice to make your college selection process.
3. They help you to get admitted to not just a foreign university, but at your dream university too. They offer personalized mentoring and customized admission assistance according to your needs, including premium services.
4. They help you apply to the chosen college and take the responsibility of doing all the hard work of tracking the applications by staying in touch with the institution, on your behalf.
5. They help us in: 1. Search from their extensive course and university listings that suit you best.
2. Discover specific courses and universities according to your filters that suit your needs.
3. Narrow down your choices and apply them to the process by simply uploading your documents.
6. Get experienced assistance throughout your application process which includes study abroad language programs like IELTS and TOEFL and aptitude exams like GRE and GMAT.
7. Have everything from your Application forms to Statement of Purpose, Loan Application to Accommodation, and Visa took care of.
8. They help us to browse courses from different disciplines including from business to agriculture to communication- one covers all with its best university and course.
9. For further enquires kindly go to our website -https://www.meetuniversity.com/. Go to expert’s site for admission and visa related queries https://www.meetuniversity.com/expert-list. For detailed information https://www.meetuniversity.com/video/.