Engineering Scholarships in USA- One of the main reasons that make students give up on their dreams of studying in USA is the financial aspect. Not everyone can afford the expenses associated with pursuing a degree course overseas. On the other hand, the quality of education and competitive edge offered by American universities makes them irresistible and hence students are motivated to seek financial help. The state of art facilities, equipment and ample research opportunities in USA attract foreign students especially wishing to pursue engineering. The good news is that there are scholarships available for pursuing engineering in the States. So you don’t have to burn a hole in your parents’ pockets! Let us look at some of the options for foreign students to get Scholarships in USA:
Scholarships in USA for Engineering Students:
- Asian American Cultural Exchange International Scholarships
- American Nuclear Society Scholarships
- National Society of Black Engineers Scholarships
- New England Water Works Scholarships
- John J. McKetta Undergraduate Scholarship
- North Dakota NASA Space Grant Consortium
- Oregon NASA Space Grant Consortium
- Winston Churchill Foundation of the United States Scholarship Program
- Society of Women Engineers Scholarship Program
- SME Education Foundation Scholarship
These are some private organizations that offer scholarships to meritorious and needy engineering students. In addition, top engineering universities offer scholarships to their candidates. These may be merit-based or need-based scholarships. Hence, it would be a good idea to contact your shortlisted colleges for more information on scholarships. Here is a list of some top engineering colleges in USA that offer scholarships:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Known as the number one institute in USA for technology, MIT offers scholarships that are based on financial needs. According to statistics, 91% of MIT undergraduates receive financial assistance in the form loans, jobs and scholarships.
- Stanford University
Stanford University offers a variety of fellowships for international students from different countries. The fellowships include full tuition fees along with a stipend for living expenses for a year.
- University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
UCB officials claim that 90% of graduate students receive financial aid in one form or the other. Berkeley fellowships are awarded to outstanding applicants interested in pursuing doctoral programs in all fields.
- Harvard University
Harvard University offers financial assistance, although these may not particularly cater to engineering students. Nevertheless, scholarships offered by external organizations can help candidates pursue an engineering course of their choice at Harvard University.
- California Institute of Technology California Institute of Technology has a reputation for offering scholarships to needy students. Institute officials claim that 99% of candidates at the doctoral level receive complete financial support. At the graduate level, students are offered fellowships and assistantships.
- Georgia Institute of Technology: At Georgia Institute, scholarships and other forms of financial support are offered on an annual basis. Candidates are chosen primarily on the basis of merit, financial need and the major they wish to pursue.
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
UCLA offers scholarships mainly for undergraduate students and ranks fourth in the list of universities that accept the least tuition fees. Furthermore, only those students who receive a letter of admission from the university will be eligible for a scholarship at this university.
- Princeton University
This university offers various scholarships in order to encourage students to complete their courses. Princeton University grants fellowships to graduate students at the time of admission mainly on the basis of merit and financial need.
- Carnegie Mellon University (CMU)
Although this university doesn’t specifically offer scholarships to students, it offers financial aid to students in the form of research assistantships, teaching assistantships, in-house fellowships and external fellowships.
- University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign)
The University of Illinois offers fellowships and scholarships to 79% of their students. The fellowships are mostly awarded to candidates who begin their graduate program in the fall session. In addition, the university also offers research/teaching assistantships to graduate students and the Carver Fellowship for doctoral students.
In addition, certain universities offer financial aid for engineering students. Nevertheless, different universities have different criteria for offering scholarships and the deadline for each university varies as per the program was chosen by the candidate. Hence, it is advisable to check with the university and the eligibility criteria for more details.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering in USA
- Master’s Programs in USA
- 1 Year Master’s Programs in USA
- How to Apply for MS in USA
- Cost & Requirements for MS Admission in USA
- MBA Degree in USA
- Master’s in USA without GRE, IELTS, TOEFL
- Spring 2017 Application Deadline and Average GRE Scores
- Fall 2017 Deadlines and GRE Scores for MS in USA
- World University Rankings 2016-2017: QS vs THE vs ARWU – Summary, Review & Analysis